FITNESS DIVA: COVER MODEL BELLA FALCONI
FITNESS DIVA : If I were to choose a few words to define my former lifestyle they would be: junk food, lack of commitment, low self-esteem, and lack of self-belief. I used to make up excuses to justify why I wasn’t working towards my goals when it came to health. I would normally say I was too tired for the gym and that diets were for crazy people. Although it came to the point where I wanted to completely transform my life and build the body of my dreams. I knew it was going to be a tough challenge but I was determined to give it my all. Conciliating work and training was quite hard at the beginning until I got used to my new schedule and to waking up at 5 am.
What is your life like now that you’ve made a transformation?
I love myself like I’ve never loved before. I realized that self-esteem and self-love have opened many doors in my life, professionally and personally. I turned into a stronger human being and found peace within.
What motivates you to keep going and push harder?
Everything I have accomplished. When I look back and see the obstacles I overcame and the amazing progress I have achieved I really don’t feel like giving up, even when I am tired. I try to motivate myself by thinking how much I would regret if I didn’t train or eat properly. We can never jeopardize something we want for our life for a temporary feeling or craving we have. Laziness and temptations go away. We can’t focus our attention on that but on what we want to accomplish on a long-term basis. I am never satisfied.
What is your current training philosophy?
I am always focused on hypertrophy. Slow moves, less reps and more weight. Concentrated movements and a couple of supersets. I always like to vary the grip and angles, from week to week.
- Leg Press 4×12
- Leg Extensions 4×12
- Squats 4×12
- Walking Lunges 4×12
- Cable Leg Extensions 4×12
- Hack Squats 4×12
- Rows 3×10
- Lat Pull Down 3×10
- Cable Rows 3×10
- Bicep Curls 3×10
- Hammer Curls 3×10
- Alternating Bicep Curls 3×10
Wednesday: Off day
- Glute Kickbacks 4×12
- Leg Curls 4×12
- Bulgarian Split 4×12 (WHAT IS THIS)
- Sumo Squats 4×12
- Kettle Bell Swings 4×12
- Deadlifts 4×12
- Shoulder Press 3×10
- Arnold Press 3×10
- Side Raises 3×10
- Front Raises 3×10
- Tricep Push Downs 3×10
- Tricep Dips 3×10
- Skull Crushers 3×10
Favorite form of cardio?
Like I mentioned above, I have been doing a lot of inclined treadmill (and I do walking lunges, sumo jumping squats and side runs on the treadmill), and elliptical. On the elliptical machine I like to squat as I go.
What is your approach to nutrition?
I am passionate about it. I even went to Nutrition school to learn more about it. I came to realize that nutrition really is a science that changes everything when we know how to use it properly.
Do you bulk and cut or stay lean year round?
I only bulked for my show back in April. I normally stay lean all year round. I am happy with my weight so I will just maintain from now on.
- Meal 1: 2 slices of Ezekiel Bread (low sodium) with 2 tbsp. of Almond Butter, 6 Egg Whites and 1 scoop of Isolate Whey Protein
- Meal 2: 1 Sweet Potato, 10 Asparagus and 5 oz. of chicken breast
- Meal 3: 1/4 cup of Quinoa, 1 fillet of Orange Roughy and Salad
- Meal 4: 4 oz. of Ground Turkey Breast, 1 Sweet Potato and 10 Asparagus
- Meal 5: Omelette made with 6 Eggs, 2 slices of low sodium Turkey, Cherry Tomatoes, Onions and Broccoli
- Meal 6: 80g of air popped Popcorn and 2 scoops of Isolate Whey Protein with water
What has been your biggest accomplishment in the fitness field?
I think that changing other people’s lives is my greatest accomplishment. Nothing else can be as great as that. Taking my game to the next level when I thought I was defeated is also an amazing accomplishment.
What are your best 3 tips for someone looking to reach their goal physique?
- Believe in your potential.
- Be patient, nothing happens overnight.
- Eat in accordance to your goals and remember that without effort there are no results. If you want to have the body you never had, you must do things you’ve never done.
Provided by : http://www.simplyshredded.com