IFBB PRO FITNESS COMPETITOR OKSANA GRISHINA
How did you get started?
IFBB PRO : Fitness found me by the time I was done with gymnastics and I was always looking for something to compete in so I guess it was good timing. I have been involved with sports ever since I was 6 years old and got started with weight training in the year 2002 at the age of 24.
What gets you motivated?
Again, it’s in my blood to compete, that’s who I am. Ever since I was a little girl in gymnastics I moved from one sport to another to where I am today on the Pro IFBB stage. I want to do the best that I can against other top athletes and I really care a lot about leaving a lasting impression on the sport.
What workout routine has worked best for you?
I work out six days a week. I alternate gym and performance workouts through the week. I do cardio twice each day, before breakfast and in the evening. But listen to your own body and do your workouts and cardio at times that work best for you.
- Incline Bench Press 4 sets, (12-15 reps)
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press, 4 sets (12-15 reps)
- Flat Fly with Dumbbells, 3 sets (12-15 reps)
- Ez-Barbell Curls, 3 sets (12-15 reps)
- Seated Dumbbell Curls 3 sets (12-15 reps)
- Abs: Crunches with weight 3 sets (15 reps)
Tuesday: Performance Training
- Exercises for Flexibility (1hr)
- Dumbbell Shoulders Press, 4 sets (12-15 reps)
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises, 4 sets (12-15 reps)
- Single Arm Upright Rows, 3 sets (15 reps)
- Bent Over Lateral Raises with Dumbbells, 3 sets (12-15 reps)
- Seated Triceps Sxtension, 3 sets (12-15 reps)
- Tricep Push Down, 3 sets (12-15 reps)
- Dips, 3 sets (12-15 reps)
- Leg Raises on the Dips, 3 sets of 15
Thursday: Performance Training
- Exercises for Flexibility (1hr)
- Pull Downs, 4 sets (12-15 reps)
- Single Arm Row, 3 sets each arm (12-15 reps)
- Seated Row Machine, 4 sets (12-15 reps)
- T-Bar Row, 4 sets (12-15 reps)
- Machine Crunches, 3 sets (12-15 reps)
Saturday: Day Off
- Squats, 4 sets (12-15 reps)
- Deadlifts, 4 sets (12-15 reps)
- Leg Press, 3 sets (12-15 reps)
- Lunges with Dumbbells, 3 sets of each leg (12-15 reps)
- Lying Leg Curls with Dumbbell, 3 sets (12-15 reps)
- Leg Extensions, 3 sets (12-15 reps)
- Crunches with Dumbbells, 3 sets (12-15 reps)
What is your diet like?
People often ask me how I can eat 5-6 times a day. Honestly, I eat even more than 6 times a day, sometimes by splitting meals over 1-2 hours. It does take planning, but it’s much better to fuel your body steadily, throughout the day.
Keep your meals to small portions of healthy food, eat often so you’re satisfied, but never full or hungry. Train you stomach, as well as your body. Keep your meals smaller and keep consistent and your body will work more efficiently. If you’re working hard to make changes in your body, you need supplements to help support your workouts and help with recovery. Your body will tell you when you need extra support from supplements. I am very pleased with the support that SAN supplements give me for my intense weight training and performance training. This supplementation is great for all athletes.
- Meal 1: 3 Egg Whites with 30g. Oatmeal (Pancakes), with 1 Tbls. all Natural Peanut Butter
- Meal 2: 2 scoops – Protein Shake
- Meal 3: 5 oz Chicken (or Turkey) with 120g. White or Sweet Potato and Salad or Vegetables
- Meal 4: 5 oz Salmon (or Red Meat), with Salad (with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil)
- Meal 5: 2 scoops – Protein Shake
- Meal 6: 120g. of non-fat Russian Farmers Cheese, with 1 Rice Cake
What has been your biggest accomplishment in the fitness field?
Of course, I’ve accomplished much for myself in fitness, changing my body, and as a competitor. But helping other people reach their goals is what’s really important for me and I’m so proud to be able to help them in doing so.
Your own physical feature you are most proud of?
We all have our genetic strengths and weaknesses, but professional fitness athletes and bodybuilders are judged on their whole body, not just one part. I train to improve the overall balance of my body. Because of my genetics, my legs grow more easily than my upper body.
Provided by : http://www.simplyshredded.com